If you prefer to read a transcript, click here.
I feel like there is a West Side Story type of rumble brewing between hand binders and machine binders. Snapping and dance moves included, of course.
But here goes the basic run down of the benefits of each method. For my in depth analysis, please listen to the episode. Much appreciated!
- great for a relaxing evening project
- the binding has your unique, “signature” hand stitch
- you get bragging rights
- you get to practice your hand sewing
- it’s familiar/ it’s how you learned
- easier for those with arthritis or other mobility issues
- you can be finished in a short time
- gives binding a clean, consistent look
- it gives you the chance to learn a new technique
- fewer needle pricks
I also mentioned some charities that take quilts: