If you’d like to read the transcript, click here.
Hey There! Welcome to episode 36 of the Stop Scrolling, Start Sewing podcast. On this episode of the podcast, we’re chatting about the skills you REALLY need before learning to quilt. And I swear, it’s not nearly as much as you think!
Lets talk a little bit about what you should know before quilting:
First you should know the basics of your sewing machine:
- Know How to Thread Your Machine
- Know How to replace your needle
- know how to wind your bobbin
- know how adjust your stitch settings
- Sewing Machine
- Cutting Mat
- 6×24 Acrylic Ruler
- Rotary Cutter
how to keep your fabric straight
- You can use a magnetic seam guide that clips right onto your machine’s needle plate
- You can also use painters tape to create a line to follow
And that’s it! Seriously. That’s it.
Download Your Set Up Your Sewing Machine for Quilting below!